A baked omelet featuring the delicious combination of eggs, Fresh California Avocados, feta cheese, olives and peppers.
Frittata with Avocado, Roasted Peppers, Olives and Feta
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1 1/2||ripe Fresh California Avocados, peeled and seeded|
|3/4||cup||feta cheese, crumbled|
|1/3||cup||Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped|
|1/3||cup||coarsely chopped roasted red bell pepper|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Sauté onions in olive oil until soft, about 5 minutes; cool.
- Meanwhile, beat together eggs, milk, and oregano; reserve.
- Cut avocados in 1/2-inch dice; gently toss with lemon juice.
- In a well-greased 10-inch oven-safe frying pan, evenly scatter avocado, cheese, olives, roasted pepper and sautéed onion over bottom of pan. Gently pour reserved egg mixture into pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F until frittata is almost firm in the center, about 50 minutes.
- Cool; cut into wedges.
You can substitute other favorite ingredients for the olives and red bell pepper. Use equivalent amounts of cooked chopped vegetables such as mushrooms, spinach, broccoli or chile peppers.
For breakfast serve with Italian cappuccino.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Vitamin A 549 IU; Vitamin C 16 mg; Calcium 96 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 36 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.7 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 10%; Iron 6%