Frittata with California Avocado, Roasted Peppers, Olives and Feta
Ingredients1 1/2 cups onion, chopped 1 Tbsp. olive oil 24 large eggs 2 cups milk 2 tsp. dried oregano 1 1/2 tsp. salt 6 California Avocados 2 Tbsp. lemon juice 3 cups feta cheese, crumbled 1 1/2 cups Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped 1 1/3 cups Roasted red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- JUST BEFORE SERVICE
- Sauté onion in olive oil until soft, about 5 minutes; cool.
- Meanwhile, beat together eggs, milk, oregano and salt; reserve.
- Cut avocado in 1/2-inch dice; gently toss with lemon juice.
- In a well-greased counter pan (12″ x 20″ x 2″), evenly scatter avocado, cheese, olives, roasted pepper and sautéed onion over bottom of pan. Gently pour reserved egg mixture into pan.
- Bake at 325°F until frittata is almost firm in the center, about 50 minutes.
- Cool; cut into 16 pieces, 3″ x 5.”
- ALTERNATE COOKING METHOD
- Frittata can be baked in two well-greased frying pans (10 to 12-inch). Reduce time to about 35 minutes.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados