Frittata with California Avocado, Roasted Peppers, Olives and Feta
|1 1/2||cups||onion, chopped|
|3||cups||feta cheese, crumbled|
|1 1/2||cups||Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped|
|1 1/3||cups||Roasted red bell pepper, coarsely chopped|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- JUST BEFORE SERVICE
- Sauté onion in olive oil until soft, about 5 minutes; cool.
- Meanwhile, beat together eggs, milk, oregano and salt; reserve.
- Cut avocado in 1/2-inch dice; gently toss with lemon juice.
- In a well-greased counter pan (12″ x 20″ x 2″), evenly scatter avocado, cheese, olives, roasted pepper and sautéed onion over bottom of pan. Gently pour reserved egg mixture into pan.
- Bake at 325°F until frittata is almost firm in the center, about 50 minutes.
- Cool; cut into 16 pieces, 3″ x 5.”
- ALTERNATE COOKING METHOD
- Frittata can be baked in two well-greased frying pans (10 to 12-inch). Reduce time to about 35 minutes.