Pizza, California Confetti
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1||California avocado, diced|
|1||twelve-inch purchased, baked pizza bread shell|
|1||Tbsp.||olive oil (+ as needed)|
|6||cloves garlic, chopped finely|
|1/2||cup||corn kernels, fresh or canned|
|1/2||cup||tomatillo or tomato salsa|
|1/2||cup||thinly sliced green onion|
|1/4||cup||chopped Anaheim chile|
|1/4||cup||red bell pepper|
|1||Tbsp.||chopped, fresh oregano, or 1 teaspoon dried|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Gently toss avocado with lemon juice. Reserve.
- Brush pizza bread shell with olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic.
- Spread salsa over shell.
- Sprinkle with corn, green onion, Anaheim chile, bell pepper, avocado, cheese and oregano.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Bake at 450 degrees F until cheese is lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.