Honeyed California Avocado Crepes with Mango Sauce
Ingredients1 1/2 Tbsp. avocado honey, warmed 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar 1 tsp. lemon juice 1/8 tsp. freshly ground nutmeg Pinch of salt 1 California avocado, cut in 1/2-inch dice (about 8 ounces) 1/2 cup French pastry cream 4 8-inch crepes As needed Mango Sauce (recipe follows) As needed Edible flowers for garnish As needed Thinly sliced avocado for garnish As needed Thinly sliced mango for garnish Mango Sauce 2 mangos As needed lemon juice to taste As needed sugar to taste
- Mix honey with next four ingredients.
- Fold honey mixture into diced avocado; reserve.
- To assemble crepes, spread 2 tablespoons pastry cream on each crepe, leaving a 1-inch border around top edges and about 2-inches on the bottom edges.
- Distribute one-fourth of reserved avocado mixture evenly along center of crepes in the shape of a cone.
- Fold one side over the other to form a cone.
- Fold tip end under
- Place on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Warm for 5 minutes at 350°F.
- Transfer each warmed crepe to a serving plate.
- Pour 1/4 cup Mango Sauce around each crepe.
- Garnish with flowers and sliced avocado and mango.
- Mango Sauce
- Peel and dice 2 mangos; puree in blender or food processor.
- Add lemon juice and sugar to taste.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados