Honeyed California Avocado Crepes with Mango Sauce
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1 1/2||Tbsp.||avocado honey, warmed|
|1/8||tsp.||freshly ground nutmeg|
|Pinch of salt|
|1||California avocado, cut in 1/2-inch dice (about 8 ounces)|
|1/2||cup||French pastry cream|
|As needed||Mango Sauce (recipe follows)|
|As needed||Edible flowers for garnish|
|As needed||Thinly sliced avocado for garnish|
|As needed||Thinly sliced mango for garnish|
|As needed||lemon juice to taste|
|As needed||sugar to taste|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Mix honey with next four ingredients.
- Fold honey mixture into diced avocado; reserve.
- To assemble crepes, spread 2 tablespoons pastry cream on each crepe, leaving a 1-inch border around top edges and about 2-inches on the bottom edges.
- Distribute one-fourth of reserved avocado mixture evenly along center of crepes in the shape of a cone.
- Fold one side over the other to form a cone.
- Fold tip end under
- Place on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Warm for 5 minutes at 350°F.
- Transfer each warmed crepe to a serving plate.
- Pour 1/4 cup Mango Sauce around each crepe.
- Garnish with flowers and sliced avocado and mango.
- Mango Sauce
- Peel and dice 2 mangos; puree in blender or food processor.
- Add lemon juice and sugar to taste.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.