Easy, gluten free zucchini bread that uses creamy Fresh California Avocado to replace the butter. With a good source of Calcium (12% DV), this moist bread is perfect for breakfast, an afternoon snack, or dessert.
Gluten Free Zucado Bread
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1 1/2||cups||gluten free all-purpose baking flour|
|1||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled, pitted, and mashed|
|1 1/2||tsp.||vanilla extract|
|1 1/2||cups||zucchini, finely grated|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Place mashed avocado and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until almost smooth (there will be a few lumps of avocado). Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract and blend to combine.
- Pour avocado mixture along with grated zucchini into bowl with dry ingredients. Gently fold ingredients together until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool to room temperature. Slice and serve.
Variations: You may use 9 oz. of any of your favorite gluten free flour blends.
Serving Suggestion: This bread is great toasted and served with a little butter.
Vitamin A 134 (IU); Vitamin C 5 mg; Calcium 123 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 9.9 (IU); Folate 26 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.03 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 12%; Iron 8%