Grilled seafood has never been so good. Shrimp marinated with a spicy chili flair covered with a sweet honey glaze. Prepared with Fresh California Avocados, cilantro, and cilantro goat cheese.
Chili and Honey Glazed Shrimp with California Avocado and Goat Cheese
Total Time: 10 min
Prep Time: |
Ingredients2 Tbsp. fish sauce 1 tangerine (zest and juice) 1/4 tsp. sea salt, divided 1 tsp. chili flakes (preferably Korean gochugaru flakes) 1/4 cup and 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, divided 1 shrimp, peeled and deveined 1/4 cup honey (preferably California Avocado blossom) 1 tsp. Ground coriander 1 fresh, ripe California Avocado, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced 1 lime (zest and juice) 1/4 cup fresh goat cheese 2 tsp. cilantro, chopped
- Mix fish sauce, tangerine zest and juice, 1/8 tsp. salt, Korean chili paste and 1/4 cup coconut oil in a medium bowl. Add shrimp and marinate for one hour
- While shrimp marinates, combine honey, remaining coconut oil and coriander to create glaze
- Skewer shrimp to bamboo or metal skewers
- Place skewers over medium-heat grill until pink on one side (about 90 seconds), then flip until pink on the other side.
- Brush with glaze and cook one more minute per side, and remove from grill.
- Toss avocado slices with lime zest and juice, and mix with goat cheese and cilantro.
- To serve, dress each shrimp with avocado mixture and finish with sea salt, to taste.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados