Grilled seafood has never been so good. Shrimp marinated with a spicy chili flair covered with a sweet honey glaze. Prepared with Fresh California Avocados, cilantro, and cilantro goat cheese.
Chili and Honey Glazed Shrimp with California Avocado and Goat Cheese
|1||tangerine (zest and juice)|
|1/4||tsp.||sea salt, divided|
|1||tsp.||chili flakes (preferably Korean gochugaru flakes)|
|1/4||cup||and 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, divided|
|1||shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1/4||cup||honey (preferably California Avocado blossom)|
|1||fresh, ripe California Avocado, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced|
|1||lime (zest and juice)|
|1/4||cup||fresh goat cheese|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Mix fish sauce, tangerine zest and juice, 1/8 tsp. salt, Korean chili paste and 1/4 cup coconut oil in a medium bowl. Add shrimp and marinate for one hour
- While shrimp marinates, combine honey, remaining coconut oil and coriander to create glaze
- Skewer shrimp to bamboo or metal skewers
- Place skewers over medium-heat grill until pink on one side (about 90 seconds), then flip until pink on the other side.
- Brush with glaze and cook one more minute per side, and remove from grill.
- Toss avocado slices with lime zest and juice, and mix with goat cheese and cilantro.
- To serve, dress each shrimp with avocado mixture and finish with sea salt, to taste.