Deliciously seasoned with Tajin Habanero®, this fresh tuna ceviche with California Avocados and a medley of other fruits and vegetables is a fiesta of flavors, colors and textures.
Tuna Ceviche TAJIN
|14||oz.||fresh tuna, diced|
|4||Tbsp.||lime juice, divided|
|4||ripe, Fresh California Avocados*|
|1||cucumber, diced with peel|
|1/2||cup||seeded and diced tomatoes|
|As needed||Salt and pepper|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Place the tuna in a mixing bowl; add ¾ of the lime juice and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the avocados in half and discard seeds. Carefully scoop the avocado out of the shells, reserving the shells to use as serving vessels. Dice avocado and place in a mixing bowl. Sprinkle remaining lime juice over the inside of the avocado shells and diced avocado; set aside.
- When tuna has marinated for 10 minutes, drain the lime juice and discard. Stir in the cucumber, tomato, pineapple, onion, Tajín Habanero®, salt and pepper.
- Gently fold avocado into the tuna ceviche. To serve fill the avocado shells with the ceviche mixture.
Variations: Also delicious with white fish or shrimp.
Serving Suggestion: Arrange decoratively on a platter lined with lettuce leaves.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.