Fresh California Avocado is the secret ingredient in these moist mini cupcakes with the enticing flavors of cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, walnuts and raisins. Avocado cream cheese frosting makes them extra delicious.
Avocado Spice Mini Cupcakes with Avocado Cream Cheese Frosting
Vitamin A 287 IU; Vitamin C 1 mg; Calcium 21 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 24 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.3 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 2%; Iron 4%
Ingredients1 cup granulated sugar 1/2 cup butter 2 Eggs 1 cup Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded, mashed 1/2 cup buttermilk 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour 1/2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg 1/2 tsp. cinnamon 1/2 tsp. allspice 1 tsp. baking soda 1/2 cup raisins 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped 1 tsp. additional flour Avocado Cream Cheese Frosting 4 oz. cream cheese, softened 1/4 cup butter, softened 3 Tbsp. Fresh California Avocado, peeled, pitted, pureed 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar 2 tsp. sour cream 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Cream together sugar and butter. Add the avocado and eggs and beat to incorporate. Mix in the buttermilk.
- Mix together the flour, spices and baking soda. Add them to the batter and mix well.
- Toss the raisins, walnuts and small amount of flour together. Add to the batter and mix in.
- Pour into mini cupcake pans lined with holders and bake at 350 until done and golden, about 15 to 18 minutes. Cool to room temperature before frosting.
Avocado Cream Cheese Frosting Preparation
- Beat together the cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Beat in the pureed avocado.
- Beat in the powdered sugar, sour cream and vanilla. Refrigerate.
- Shelf life of the frosting is 3 days.
Serving Suggestion: For an elegant touch, top each mini cupcake with a small slice of caramelized California Avocado. To caramelize an avocado simply peel, seed and slice the avocado. Press both sides of each avocado slice into granulated sugar. Sauté on medium in a little bit of oil in a non-stick sauté pan until the sugar is caramelized, flip and repeat on other side.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados