Jesse’s Favorite Egg, California Avocado and Bacon Sandwich
Ingredients24 slices whole grain bread 3/4 cup mayonnaise 24 thick slices of heirloom tomato As needed Salt As needed Pepper 24 each slices of thick cut bacon, cooked crisp 24 each large eggs 1 1/2 cups baby arugula (about 12 leaves per sandwich) 6 each large ripe California Avocados, diced, slightly mashed
- Spread one piece of bread with 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise.
- Top with 2 thick slices of Heirloom tomato.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper as desired. (optional)
- Top with crisp bacon
- Cook eggs as ordered in bacon fat, place on top the bacon.
- Top with arugula.
- Spread the second slice of bread with the chunky Fresh California Avocado (1/3 Cup)
- Top the sandwich with the bread/avocado slice.
- Cut in half.
* A large avocado weighs about 8 oz. as purchased.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados