This California Avocado grower guacamole recipe offers a spicy and bold addition to your appetizer spread.
O’Hara Family Guacamole
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|2||ears of corn|
|4||ripe Fresh California Avocados, peeled and seeded|
|2||garlic cloves, minced|
|1/2||jalapeño, with seeds removed|
|1/2||bunch||cilantro, roughly chopped|
|Hot sauce, to taste (optional)|
|1/2||lime or lemon, juiced|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Remove kernels from cob and place in pan. Over medium heat, roast the corn until it starts to caramelize. Set aside to cool. (Note: You also can roast the corn in the husk. Simply remove the silks and soak in water for about 10 minutes and then place on the grill, cooking until the kernels begin to color)
- Place the avocado in a bowl and mash with a potato masher or back of a fork, leaving it somewhat chunky.
- Add in the garlic, onion and jalapeño.
- Stir in the cooled corn kernels, cilantro, garlic salt and Worcestershire sauce. Mix until combined.
- Season with hot sauce to your taste.
- Add the lemon or lime juice and mix well.
Note: If not serving immediately, take plastic wrap and cover the surface of the guacamole Refrigerate until time to serve. Enjoy!
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly
Vitamin A 499 IU; Vitamin C 13 mg; Calcium 11 mg; Iron 1.3 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 86 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.1 g
% Daily Value*: Total Fat 18%; Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 0%; Iron 8%