Panko Crusted California Avocado Grilled Mahi Taco
Ingredients36 jicama tortillas (4-5") 2 1/4 lb. Mahi Mahi Salt and pepper, to taste 2 1/4 Chunky Ginger California Avocado Spread (recipe follows) 1 1/2 cups Wasabi Broccoli Slaw (recipe follows) 6 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded, halved, sliced ¼" thick 1/2 cup pork panko 24 slices Fresno pepper 6 limes, cut in half lengthwise Chunky Ginger California Avocado Spread (Yield: 1 ½ cups) 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocados 2 tsp. minced garlic 1/2 tsp. Moroccan spice blend (ras el hanout) 1/8 tsp. chili powder 1/8 tsp. cumin 1/8 tsp. smoked paprika 2 tsp. fresh lime juice 2 tsp. chopped cilantro 2 Tbsp. diced tomatoes Wasabi Broccoli Slaw (Yield: 1 ½ cups) 1/4 cup mayonnaise 1/8 tsp. Moroccan spice blend (ras el hanout) 1 1/2 tsp. fresh lime juice 1 tsp. wasabi powder 2 Tbsp. warm water 12 oz. broccoli slaw mix
Chunky Ginger California Avocado Spread
- Cut avocado in half and remove the seed, score the flesh into ½” cubes. Using a spoon scoop the cubes into a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and use a spatula to gently fold the mixture to combine all ingredients and retain pieces of avocado.
Wasabi Broccoli Slaw
- Place the mayonnaise, seasoning and lime juice in large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the wasabi powder and water until smooth; let stand for 2 minutes, then add to the mayonnaise mixture and mix well.
- Add broccoli slaw and wasabi mixture. Completely mix to ensure that all pieces of the broccoli slaw are covered with mayonnaise mixture. Let stand 20 minutes before using.
Assemble, per order:
- Season 3 pieces of mahi mahi with salt and pepper. Place on a hot grill; cook until cooked through.
- Place 3 jicama shells on plate and spread each with 3 Tbsp. Chunky Ginger California Avocado Spread down the center of each tortilla.
- Top each with 2 Tbsp. Wasabi Broccoli Slaw, then 1 piece of cooked mahi mahi.
- Toss 3 California Avocado slices with pork panko and place on the center of the tacos.
- Garnish each taco with 2 Fresno pepper rings and a wedge of lime.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados