Quick Wrap for Kids
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|4||fajita size fat free flour tortillas|
|2||slices ripe, Fresh California avocados, mashed|
|4||deli slices of sodium-free turkey breast|
|2||tsp.||prepared barbecue sauce, divided|
|4||thin slices of low fat mozzarella or American cheese, divided|
|1||cup||carrots, peeled and coarsely shredded (about 2 large carrots), divided|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Place two teaspoons mashed avocado on tortilla, spreading to within 1 inch of tortilla edge.
- Place 1 slice of turkey breast over mashed avocado.
- Top with cheese and spread on 1/2 teaspoon barbecue sauce.
- Sprinkle one-quarter of the carrots over the sauce.
- Roll up tightly.
- Place seam side down on plate.
- Using serrated knife, slice in half.
- Repeat procedure preparing four wraps.
Note: Can be prepared 1 hour ahead of serving, wrap in plastic wrap to insure freshness.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.