Peanut Crusted Red Curry California Avocado Satay
Ingredients2/5 cup Coconut Red Curry (recipe follows) 1 Fresh California Avocado*, sliced into 12 1/4 cup peanuts, finely chopped 2 tsp. coarsely chopped cilantro Coconut Red Curry (Yield 1 1/8 cup) 1 cup coconut milk 5 tsp. red curry paste 2 tsp. fish sauce 1 tsp. sugar 2 tsp. minced cilantro
Coconut Red Curry:
- In a small mixing bowl, mix coconut milk, red curry paste, fish sauce, sugar and cilantro. Refrigerate.
- Skewer the Fresh California Avocado Slices lengthwise.
- Gently coat the Fresh California Avocado slices in the Coconut Red Curry. Place on a very well oiled grill over high heat and grill to get a light char mark on one side.
- Press the non-char marked side of the skewered Fresh California Avocado into the crushed peanuts.
- Sprinkle with coarsely chopped cilantro.
- Serve with additional Coconut Red Curry as a dipping sauce.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados