Raw Chocolate California Avocado Mousse
|Yield: 3 1/2 cups|
|2 3/4||oz.||raw cashews (soaked 3 hours)|
|3||oz.||extra virgin coconut oil|
|6||oz.||honey or agave nectar|
|6||oz.||cold purified water|
|2||oz.||unsweetened cacao powder|
|3/4||oz.||organic, Non-GMO soy lecithin granules|
|1||tsp.||vanilla powder (optional)|
|1||large Fresh California Avocado, pitted, peeled and coarsely chopped*|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Drain the soaked cashews.
- Place all ingredients except the avocado into a food processor or high-powered blender. Process until smooth.
- Add the chopped avocado to mixture and process while occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl until mixture is silky smooth.
- Divide mixture evenly into 6 bowls or glasses. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to set before serving. For a much firmer mousse, refrigerate 8 hours or more. Serve.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados, adjust the quantity accordingly.