Raw Chocolate California Avocado Mousse
IngredientsYield: 3 1/2 cups 2 3/4 oz. raw cashews (soaked 3 hours) 3 oz. extra virgin coconut oil 6 oz. honey or agave nectar 6 oz. cold purified water 2 oz. unsweetened cacao powder 3/4 oz. organic, Non-GMO soy lecithin granules 2 tsp. vanilla extract 1 tsp. vanilla powder (optional) 1 tsp. ground cinnamon 1/4 tsp. ground cardamom 1/8 tsp. sea salt 1 large Fresh California Avocado, pitted, peeled and coarsely chopped*
- Drain the soaked cashews.
- Place all ingredients except the avocado into a food processor or high-powered blender. Process until smooth.
- Add the chopped avocado to mixture and process while occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl until mixture is silky smooth.
- Divide mixture evenly into 6 bowls or glasses. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to set before serving. For a much firmer mousse, refrigerate 8 hours or more. Serve.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados, adjust the quantity accordingly.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados