Avocado, strawberries and grilled salmon over brown rice topped with sesame seeds, green onions and teriyaki sauce make for a quick, savory-sweet and delightful one-dish meal. Great taste is only half the story with this recipe. It provides 190% DV vitamin A, and an excellent source of key nutrients: 70% DV vitamin D, 36% DV dietary fiber and 40% DV potassium.
Salmon, Avocado and Strawberry Rice Bowl
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|2||cups||cooked brown rice, (1 cup dry)|
|4||salmon fillets, (1 lb.)|
|As needed||cooking spray|
|1||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and sliced*|
|2||green onions, slivered|
|1||Tbsp.||toasted sesame seeds|
|Red pepper flakes, optional|
|1||garlic clove, minced|
|3||Tbsp.||less-sodium soy sauce|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- In a small bowl, whisk together teriyaki sauce ingredients; set aside.
- Cook rice according to package directions. While rice is cooking, coat salmon skin with cooking spray; grill skin side down, until just flaky, about 10-15 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Slice avocado, removing seed and skin.
- In a sauce pan with lid, simmer spinach in a small amount of water for about 3-5 minutes until just cooked, drain well.
- To assemble rice bowls, place 1 cup of cooked rice in each bowl. Arrange salmon, avocado, spinach, strawberries and green onions on rice. Top with sesame seeds and red pepper flakes (if desired). Drizzle teriyaki sauce over each bowl.
Vitamin A 9340 IU ; Vitamin C 38 mg ; Calcium 172 mg ; Iron 6 mg ; Vitamin D 282 IU ; Folate 218 mcg