In need of a quick, wholesome weeknight dinner? Look no further than this recipe for a perfect night in for two. Enjoy the taste and benefit from the nutrition including a high potency of protein (176% DV), folate (100% DV), vitamin k (210% DV) and B vitamins along with an excellent source of (20% DV), B1 (100% DV), B2 (150% DV), B3 (330% DV), B5 (200% DV), B6 (250% DV), and B12 (530% DV).
Salmon Garlicky Broccolini with California Avocado Salsa
Total Time: 35 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 201 mcg; Vitamin C 60 mg; Calcium 188 mg; Iron 7 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 384 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 8.8 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 70%; Calcium 15%; Iron 40 %; Vitamin D 0%
Ingredients2 salmon filets 1 tsp. salt, divided, to taste 2 Tbsp. olive oil 1/2 lemon, juiced 1 bundle broccolini 2 clove garlic, minced 2 Tbsp. water 2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded, peeled, cubed 1/2 cup red onion, chopped 1 cup grape tomatoes, chopped 1 lime, juiced 1 tsp. garlic powder
- In a skillet on medium heat, place the salmon filets skin side down. Season the flesh side with 1/2 tsp. of salt, to taste, 1 Tbsp. of olive oil and lemon juice. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until you can see the sides of the salmon that has been cooked halfway.
- Flip and cook for another 5 minutes or until it looks totally cooked on the sides. You will know it is done when the bright color changes to an opaque lighter color and the flesh flakes easily with a fork. Remove and cover to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining olive oil and broccolini. Season with 1/2 tsp. salt and add garlic. Cook until it has been slightly charred on both sides, then add water and cover with a lid. Reduce heat and cook for another 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add the avocado, red onion and tomatoes in a bowl. Squeeze the juice of one lime, add remaining salt and garlic powder. Mix with a spoon until combined.
- To serve, top salmon and broccolini with avocado salsa.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with some extra avocado salsa on the side with tortilla chips.
Beverage Pairing: Pair with your favorite wine of choice or a tall glass of cold water.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Did You Know?
You can’t always tell if an avocado is ripe just by its color.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados