Shrimp, corn, yogurt and fresh California Avocado mean this is no side salad. Your guests will give it a starring role on their plates and ask for an encore.
Shrimp, Corn and California Avocado Pasta Salad
Total Time: 10 min
Ingredients1 ripe Fresh California Avocado, halved, seeded and peeled 1 (13-oz.) box small shell whole wheat pasta, cooked and rinsed with cold water 1/2 lb. grilled large shrimp, shelled 2 grilled corn cobs, kernels cut off & cobs discarded 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves 5 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil 2 Tbsp. minced shallots 2 Tbsp. nonfat plain Greek yogurt 1/2 tsp. kosher salt 1/2 tsp. ground pepper Extra salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- Cut half of the avocado into chunks and the other half into thin slices.
- In a large bowl, combine the avocado chunks, cooked pasta, shrimp, corn kernels and tomatoes.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the basil leaves, olive oil, shallots, Greek yogurt, salt and pepper. Puree until almost smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Lay the avocado slices on top of the pasta salad. Serve.
Copyright © 2013, Dara Michalski
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Did You Know?
You can’t always tell if an avocado is ripe just by its color.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados