You can still love your traditional pasta noodles, but it’s nice to have a lighter, less heavy option, too. This delicious recipe allows you to enjoy pasta but lighter, and with veggies!
Spicy Avocado Zoodles with Avocado Garlic Sauce
Total Time: 25 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 33 mcg; Vitamin C 55 mg; Calcium 94 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 87 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 90%; Calcium 10%; Iron 8 %; Vitamin D 0%
IngredientsSauce 2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded, peeled and halved 4 bulbs of garlic, preferably roasted 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil 2 limes, juiced (about ¼ Cup) 2 jalapenos, medium, sliced (add more for extra heat/spice) 1/8 tsp. salt, or to taste 1/8 tsp. pepper, or to taste 2 Tbsp. water, to thin sauce to taste Zoodles 5 zucchini, medium Tomatoes 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced (use orange or yellow for color)
- Scoop the flesh of the avocado into a food processor.
- Add to that the roasted garlic, olive oil, lime juice, and jalapenos.
- Process and taste.
- Add water, salt, and pepper to taste and consistency preference.
- Cut the ends off the zucchini and run them through your spiralizer.
- Heat a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat and drizzle 1 to 2 Tablespoons of olive oil in the pan.
- Add the zoodles and sauté lightly. I cook mine about 8 – 10 minutes, you want them cooked, but not mushy.
- Add the sauce to the pan, and toss to coat.
- In a separate sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Add halved tomatoes and sauté until the skin is blackened and blistered.
- Toss all together and serve.
Serving Suggestion: Add crushed red pepper flakes and grated manchego cheese to your plate.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Did You Know?
You can’t always tell if an avocado is ripe just by its color.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados