You can still love your traditional pasta noodles, but it’s nice to have a lighter, less heavy option, too. This delicious recipe allows you to enjoy pasta but lighter, and with veggies!
Spicy Avocado Zoodles with Avocado Garlic Sauce
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|2||ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded, peeled and halved|
|4||bulbs of garlic, preferably roasted|
|1||Tbsp.||extra virgin olive oil|
|2||limes, juiced (about ¼ Cup)|
|2||jalapenos, medium, sliced (add more for extra heat/spice)|
|1/8||tsp.||salt, or to taste|
|1/8||tsp.||pepper, or to taste|
|2||Tbsp.||water, to thin sauce to taste|
|1||cup||cherry tomatoes, sliced (use orange or yellow for color)|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Scoop the flesh of the avocado into a food processor.
- Add to that the roasted garlic, olive oil, lime juice, and jalapenos.
- Process and taste.
- Add water, salt, and pepper to taste and consistency preference.
- Cut the ends off the zucchini and run them through your spiralizer.
- Heat a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat and drizzle 1 to 2 Tablespoons of olive oil in the pan.
- Add the zoodles and sauté lightly. I cook mine about 8 – 10 minutes, you want them cooked, but not mushy.
- Add the sauce to the pan, and toss to coat.
- In a separate sauce pan over medium-high heat.
- Add halved tomatoes and sauté until the skin is blackened and blistered.
- Toss all together and serve.
Serving Suggestion: Add crushed red pepper flakes and grated manchego cheese to your plate.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Vitamin A 33 mcg; Vitamin C 55 mg; Calcium 94 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 87 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 90%; Calcium 10%; Iron 8 %; Vitamin D 0%