I was looking to create something with lots of layers of flavors and textures, and I wanted to pair it with a dipping sauce that would complement the spice and soothe the palate. I had so much fun playing with textures, flavors and snacking on the delicious California Avocado sauces that I made. ASouthernFairyTale.com
Spicy Pulled Pork Taquitos with a Cool California Avocado Dipping Sauce
Vitamin A 1376 IU; Vitamin C 11 mg; Calcium 404 mg; Iron 6.8 mg; Vitamin D 18 IU; Folate 127 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.22 g
% Daily Value*: Total Fat 40%; Vitamin A 30%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 40%; Iron 40%
Ingredients1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained 1 (15.25-oz.) can kernel corn, drained Spicy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork (see make-ahead recipe below) 20 flour tortillas 3 cups mixed blend cheese As needed cooking spray As needed Kosher salt, to taste As needed Cool Avocado Cream Dipping Sauce (see make-ahead recipe below) Spicy Slow cooker Pulled Pork 1 medium yellow onion, sliced 2 1/2 lb. pork tenderloin 1 (10-oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chiles with lime and cilantro, drained 3 Tbsp. chili powder 1/4 cup cumin 2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar 1 tsp. cayenne 1 Tbsp. garlic salt 6 oz. dark Mexican beer Cool California Avocado Cream Dipping Sauce 1 ripe Fresh California Avocados, peeled and seeded 1/2 cup sour cream 1/4 cup cilantro 2 lime, juiced (about 3 Tbsp.) 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and with ribs removed As needed Pinch of cumin 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add the beans and corn into the cooker with the Spicy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork and simmer over low heat while the oven heats up and you prep the tortillas and cheese.
- Grab a tortilla, and place a bit of cheese on it. Place some spicy pulled pork on the tortilla; tight roll the tortilla and place seam side down in your greased baking dish.
- Repeat this until your baking dish is full.
- Bake in the oven about 20 minutes, or until the taquitos are golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from oven and cut rolls in half. Serve warm with Cool California Avocado Cream Dipping Sauce.
Note: Tortillas are tricky. If you have good tortillas, they will roll with no issue. Some tortillas need to be warmed up with a damp paper towel before rolling.
Spicy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Instructions
- Place the onion in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Place the pork tenderloin on top of the onion.
- Pour in the drained tomatoes and chiles with cilantro and lime.
- In a small bowl mix together the chili powder, cumin, brown sugar, cayenne and garlic salt. Pour mixture over the roast in the slow cooker.
- Dump the beer over the mixture in the slow cooker and mix the tenderloin around, until you feel it has been well coated.
- Set your slow cooker to cook on low for 8 hours.
- At about 6 hours, if you’re home, shred the pork with a couple of forks, and drain off any excess liquid, if necessary.
Cool California Avocado Cream Dipping Sauce Instructions
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Chill until ready to use.
Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly. As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados