Think spicy, creamy filling in crispy wonton skins, dipped in spicy sauce. Similar to a crab ragoon; creamy avocado replacing the cream cheese with vegetables in place of the crab.
|1/2||cup||organic frozen corn, thawed|
|4||cloves garlic, minced|
|1/3||cup||roasted bell pepper, diced|
|2||Roma tomatoes, diced|
|1/2||tsp.||salt (adjust according to taste)|
|1||lime, zested and juiced|
|2||ripe, Fresh California Avocados, diced|
|1/2||cup||Light soy sauce|
|1/4||cup||rice wine vinegar|
|2||Tbsp.||mirin or simple syrup|
|1||tsp.||grated fresh ginger|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|2||scallions, white and green sliced very thin on the bias|
|1/4||tsp.||chili garlic paste|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
Make the dipping sauce:
- Whisk together all ingredients and set aside.
Make the filling:
- Add the corn, onion, garlic, roasted bell pepper, tomatoes, scallions, lime juice and salt in a medium bowl. Toss to combine.
- Gently fold in the diced avocado, being careful not to overmix.
Assemble the wontons:
- Place 1-2 tsp. onto each wonton wrapper.
- Gently fold over to close.
- Dip fingers in water and gently press along wrapper edge to seal.
- Continue to make all wontons.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until crisp
- Heat 1 cup oil to 375 degrees F. If you don't have a thermometer, the oil is ready when a 1-inch cube of bread dropped into the oil browns in 60 seconds.
- Place the wontons, 2-3 at a time, in the oil and fry for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove and place on paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
- Enjoy and serve with dipping sauce.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Originally posted: http://delicious-knowledge.com/avocado-wontons/ (Recipe Redux contest recipe)
Calories 310; Total Fat 13 g (Sat 1.5 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 2 g, Mono 8 g); Cholesterol <.5 mg; Sodium 1060 mg; Potassium 540 mg; Total Carbohydrates 46 g; Dietary Fiber 7 g; Total Sugars 17 g; Protein 8 g; Vitamin A 477 IU; Vitamin C 21 mg; Calcium 34 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 85 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.1 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 35%; Calcium 4%; Iron 8 %