A warm, sunny-side up egg crowns this salad of baby spinach and Fresh California Avocado.
Sunny-Side Up Salad
Total Time: 5 min
Vitamin A 1867 IU; Vitamin C 10 mg; Calcium 57 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 39 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.2 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 35%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 6%; Iron 15%
Ingredients1 (6-oz.) bag fresh baby spinach 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled 1/2 red onion, peeled and cut into thin half rings 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded and chopped 2 Tbsp. oil 4 Eggs As needed Salt and pepper, to taste Vinaigrette Dressing 1/4 cup extra-light tasting olive oil 4 tsp. coconut vinegar or seasoned rice wine vinegar 1 tsp. sugar As needed Salt, to taste
- Toss baby spinach with about half of the dressing. Reserve remaining dressing.
- Divide baby spinach among dinner plates.
- Sprinkle bacon crumbles, red onion and avocados on each salad and drizzle with reserved dressing.
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Working with one or two eggs at a time, gently break eggs into the hot skillet. Cook just until the whites of the eggs are cooked through but the yolks are not yet firm, about 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat, adding more oil to the skillet if necessary.
- Top each salad with one sunny-side up egg and serve immediately.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, mix all dressing ingredients.
- Shake well before using.
The yolk of the warm eggs mixes with the oil and vinegar dressing to create rich flavor. Substitute fresh poached eggs if you prefer.
Try with a sparkling wine or mimosa cocktail.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados