Tempura California Avocado with Jalapeno-Lime Aioli
|As needed||Tempura Batter (recipe follows)|
|As needed||Jalapeño-Lime Aioli (recipe follows)|
|4||Fresh California Avocados**|
|As needed||Vegetable or canola oil for frying|
|Tempura Batter (Yield: 2 cups)|
|4||oz.||cold soda water|
|Jalapeño-Lime Aioli (Yield: 2 cups)|
|4||jalapeño peppers seeded and roasted|
|4||garlic cloves, boiled 3 times in fresh salted water|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Whisk rice flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and pour in egg whites, whisk. Add the Corona and soda water, whisk until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Puree garlic cloves, egg yolk, Dijon mustard, and half the lime juice in a food processor. With the processor running, slowly drizzle in the olive and canola oil until emulsified. Add the roasted jalapenos and salt, process until smooth. Add remaining lime juice to taste.
- Heat vegetable or canola oil in a deep fryer to 350° F.
- Peel, pit, and cut each avocado into 6 large pieces. Lightly salt each piece and dip into the cold tempura batter to coat evenly. Carefully place each piece into the deep fryer for about 60-75 seconds, until golden brown.
- Carefully remove from fryer and let drain on a paper towel lined tray. When all pieces have been fried, arrange on platter and serve with the Jalapeno-Lime Aioli.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.