Give the traditional tart a savory makeover with the zesty taste of basil and tomatoes and California Avocados lend smooth, creamy goodness to the light cream cheese filling.
Tomato-Basil Avocado Tart
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1||(9-inch) refrigerated ready-to-unroll pie crust|
|4||oz.||whipped reduced fat cream cheese|
|3||Tbsp.||fresh basil, chopped|
|1||California avocado, peeled and sliced|
|5||red cherry tomatoes, cut in half|
|5||yellow cherry tomatoes, cut in half|
|1||tsp.||Garlic and Herb seasoning|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place piecrust into 9-inch tart pan and gently press down; prick all over with fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden. Cool tart shell completely.
- While piecrust is baking, place cream cheese, 1/2 avocado, milk, 2 tablespoons fresh basil and seasoning in a medium bowl and whisk together.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly in tart shell.
- Arrange avocado slices and tomatoes on top of filling.
- Sprinkle with left over basil and serve.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Vitamin A 130 IU; Vitamin C 21 mg; Calcium 19 mg; Iron 4 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 42 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.1 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 35%; Calcium 2%; Iron 25 %;