Give the traditional tart a savory makeover with the zesty taste of basil and tomatoes and California Avocados lend smooth, creamy goodness to the light cream cheese filling.
Tomato-Basil Avocado Tart
Vitamin A 130 IU; Vitamin C 21 mg; Calcium 19 mg; Iron 4 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 42 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.1 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 35%; Calcium 2%; Iron 25 %;
Ingredients1 (9-inch) refrigerated ready-to-unroll pie crust 4 oz. whipped reduced fat cream cheese 1 tsp. Skim milk 3 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped 1 ripe, Fresh California avocado, peeled and sliced 5 red cherry tomatoes, cut in half 5 yellow cherry tomatoes, cut in half 1 tsp. Garlic and Herb seasoning
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place piecrust into 9-inch tart pan and gently press down; prick all over with fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden. Cool tart shell completely.
- While piecrust is baking, place cream cheese, 1/2 avocado, milk, 2 tablespoons fresh basil and seasoning in a medium bowl and whisk together.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly in tart shell.
- Arrange avocado slices and tomatoes on top of filling.
- Sprinkle with left over basil and serve.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados