Turkey Mushroom California Avocado Benedict
|12||English muffins, split and toasted|
|3||lb.||turkey breast, roasted and sliced|
|6||ripe, Fresh California Avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced|
|Sautéed mushrooms (recipe follows)|
|Hollandaise sauce (recipe follows)|
|Sautéed Mushrooms (Yield: 6 cups)|
|3||lb.||white mushrooms, sliced|
|Hollandaise Sauce (Yield: 4 cups)|
|2||Tbsp.||fresh lemon juice|
|1 1/2||cups||butter, melted|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
Sautéed Mushroom Preparation
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil and add the mushrooms. Sauté until moisture is evaporated, about 8 minutes.
Hollandaise Sauce Preparation
- In a blender, blend the egg yolks and eggs.
- Add the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and boiling water and blend.
- Slowly pour in melted butter and blend.
- In a double boiler, fill the base with boiling water. Pour the hollandaise into the top of the double boiler. With a whip, continuously whip the hollandaise to cook and thicken the sauce.
- Spread English muffins with butter.
- Top with 4 oz. turkey.
- Top with 1/2 a Fresh California Avocado, sliced.
- Top with 3 poached eggs.
- Top with 1/2 Cups sautéed mushrooms.
- Top with 1/3 Cups Hollandaise sauce.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.