Turkey Mushroom California Avocado Benedict
Ingredients12 English muffins, split and toasted 4 Tbsp. butter 3 lb. turkey breast, roasted and sliced 6 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced 36 eggs, poached Sautéed mushrooms (recipe follows) Hollandaise sauce (recipe follows) Sautéed Mushrooms (Yield: 6 cups) 3 lb. white mushrooms, sliced 2/5 cup olive oil Hollandaise Sauce (Yield: 4 cups) 7 egg yolks 3 eggs 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice 3 tsp. Worcestershire sauce 1/4 tsp. hot sauce 1/2 cup water, boiling 1 1/2 cups butter, melted
Sautéed Mushroom Preparation
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil and add the mushrooms. Sauté until moisture is evaporated, about 8 minutes.
Hollandaise Sauce Preparation
- In a blender, blend the egg yolks and eggs.
- Add the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and boiling water and blend.
- Slowly pour in melted butter and blend.
- In a double boiler, fill the base with boiling water. Pour the hollandaise into the top of the double boiler. With a whip, continuously whip the hollandaise to cook and thicken the sauce.
- Spread English muffins with butter.
- Top with 4 oz. turkey.
- Top with 1/2 a Fresh California Avocado, sliced.
- Top with 3 poached eggs.
- Top with 1/2 Cups sautéed mushrooms.
- Top with 1/3 Cups Hollandaise sauce.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados