Ingredients1 lb. 8 ounces shallot, diced 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil 3 quarts + 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock 2 Tbsp. grated lemon zest 24 California Avocados (12 lbs.) 3 cups half and half 3 Tbsp. salt 1 Tbsp. white pepper 1/4 cup lemon juice 48 California Avocado slices Vichyssoise, optional
- Sauté shallot in oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in stock and lemon zest; simmer 10 minutes.
- Cut avocados in chunks; stir into stock.
- Stir in half and half; chill.PER ORDER
- Stir in lemon juice; season to taste.
- Garnish each serving with 2 avocado slices.To serve avocado soup hot:
- Reserve soup after adding half and half; do not add lemon juice.
- Heat 1 cup soup; do not boil.
- Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Garnish with 2 avocado slices.
- Pour half of each of chilled avocado soup and vichyssoise into bowl at the same time so they meet in the middleTo serve avocado soup chilled:
Serving Size = 1 Cup
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados