|1||lb.||8 ounces shallot, diced|
|3||quarts + 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock|
|2||Tbsp.||grated lemon zest|
|24||California Avocados (12 lbs.)|
|3||cups||half and half|
|48||California Avocado slices|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Sauté shallot in oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in stock and lemon zest; simmer 10 minutes.
- Cut avocados in chunks; stir into stock.
- Stir in half and half; chill.PER ORDER
- Stir in lemon juice; season to taste.
- Garnish each serving with 2 avocado slices.To serve avocado soup hot:
- Reserve soup after adding half and half; do not add lemon juice.
- Heat 1 cup soup; do not boil.
- Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Garnish with 2 avocado slices.
- Pour half of each of chilled avocado soup and vichyssoise into bowl at the same time so they meet in the middleTo serve avocado soup chilled:
Serving Size = 1 Cup