Enjoy California Avocados a sweeter way – Try this refreshing yogurt and fresh fruit parfait at home or entertaining guests of all ages.
Wild Berry Frozen Yogurt & California Avocado Lime Fudge Parfait
Total Time: 1 h
Prep Time: |
IngredientsWild Berry Frozen Yogurt & California Avocado Lime Fudge Sauce Parfait Ingredients California Avocado Lime Fudge Sauce (see make-ahead recipe) Wild Berry Frozen Yogurt (see make-ahead recipe) 4 sliced strawberries, or fresh lime zest (optional for garnish) California Avocado Lime Fudge Sauce Ingredients 1/3 cup heavy cream 1/3 cup water 1/2 cup +1 Tbsp. tapioca syrup, can substitute with corn syrup or brown rice syrup 1 tsp. Kosher salt 1 cup white chocolate chips 3 tsp. lime juice 1/2 lime, zested 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and mashed Wild Berry Frozen Yogurt Ingredients 3/4 cup sugar 1/8 tsp. xanthan gum 1/8 tsp. salt 4 cups mixed wild berries, fresh or frozen 1/3 cup tapioca syrup, can substitute with corn syrup or brown rice syrup 1/2 cup water 1 1/2 cups whole milk plain yogurt
Wild Berry Frozen Yogurt & California Avocado Lime Fudge Sauce Parfait Instructions
- Add one scoop of Wild Berry Frozen Yogurt to each glass.
- Add ¼ cup California Avocado Lime Fudge Sauce to each glass.
- Add one more scoop of the frozen yogurt to each glass.
- Top off with ¼ cup of the fudge sauce.
- Add a sliced strawberry or fresh lime zest (or both) on top to garnish.
- Serve immediately.
California Avocado Lime Fudge Sauce Instructions
- Add the heavy cream, water, tapioca syrup and salt to a small pot, stir to combine.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat, bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove from heat and pour in the white chocolate chips to make fudge mixture.
- Pour fudge mixture into a blender, blend until smooth.
- Allow the fudge to cool slightly.
- Add lime juice and lime zest to the mashed avocado.
- Add avocado mixture to fudge mixture in the blender, blend to combine, until smooth.
- Pour into bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in refrigerator to cool.
Wild Berry Frozen Yogurt Instructions
- Add the sugar, xanthan gum and salt in a small bowl, whisk to combine.
- In a small saucepan, combine the mixed berries, tapioca syrup, water and sugar mixture.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring often until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from saucepan, allow to cool for 10 minutes, then pour into blender.
- Blend to break up the berries (there will be seeds and a few flecks of berry skin still visible).
- Pour blended berry mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl; discard seeds.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator to cool for a few hours.
- Once berry mixture is cool, whisk in yogurt.
- Freeze in a standard at-home ice cream maker; churn until the mixture is the desired texture of soft-serve yogurt.
- Use a spatula to scoop the frozen yogurt into a freezer-safe container. (Frozen yogurt can be used right away or be stored, covered, in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.)
Serving Suggestion: A quick and easy way to simplify this recipe and cut down on the preparation time is to use store bought frozen yogurt or ice cream and add the fresh California Avocado Lime Fudge sauce to create delicious yogurt fresh fruit parfaits.
Beverage Pairing: Enjoy a blast of berry by pairing this dessert with your favorite fresh fruit juice.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados