This sticky toffee avocado dessert made with delicious California-grown ingredients served warm with the added decadence of a caramel sauce and topped with whipped cream. It is also peanut- and gluten-free.
California Avocado Sticky Toffee Bars
Total Time: 33 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 2 mcg; Vitamin C 3 mg; Calcium 19 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 27 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.04 g
Ingredients12 pitted California Deglet Noor dates 5 Tbsp. filtered water 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, halved, seeded and peeled 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract 1 tsp. ground cinnamon 1/4 tsp. sea salt 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup 2 cups gluten-free old-fashioned oats 1/4 cup California raisins 1/4 cup chopped California walnuts 1 cup caramel sauce, warmed 4 Tbsp. whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pitted dates and water in a microwave safe mug and heat for 40 seconds. Remove and let sit 5 minutes.
- Pour dates and water into blender or food processor. Pulse until smooth (about 1 minute).
- Add Avocado, vanilla extract, cinnamon, sea salt and maple syrup into the blender. Continue to blend until smooth (another minute).
- Use a spatula to empty batter into a large bowl.
- Add oats, raisins and walnuts into the bowl, mix.
- Line a standard loaf pan (8-1/2 x 4-1/2 x 2-1/2 inches) with parchment paper. Pour batter into pan and pat down with spatula. Shake the pan, if needed, to ensure batter is evenly distributed.
- Bake for 18 minutes, remove from oven, slice into 4 rows width-wise, then cut down the middle to make 8 bars.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce and add whip cream if preferred.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados