This sticky toffee avocado dessert made with delicious California-grown ingredients served warm with the added decadence of a caramel sauce and topped with whipped cream. It is also peanut- and gluten-free.
California Avocado Sticky Toffee Bars
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|12||pitted California Deglet Noor dates|
|1||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, halved, seeded and peeled|
|2||tsp.||pure vanilla extract|
|2||Tbsp.||pure maple syrup|
|2||cups||gluten-free old-fashioned oats|
|1/4||cup||chopped California walnuts|
|1||cup||caramel sauce, warmed|
|4||Tbsp.||whipped cream, optional|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pitted dates and water in a microwave safe mug and heat for 40 seconds. Remove and let sit 5 minutes.
- Pour dates and water into blender or food processor. Pulse until smooth (about 1 minute).
- Add Avocado, vanilla extract, cinnamon, sea salt and maple syrup into the blender. Continue to blend until smooth (another minute).
- Use a spatula to empty batter into a large bowl.
- Add oats, raisins and walnuts into the bowl, mix.
- Line a standard loaf pan (8-1/2 x 4-1/2 x 2-1/2 inches) with parchment paper. Pour batter into pan and pat down with spatula. Shake the pan, if needed, to ensure batter is evenly distributed.
- Bake for 18 minutes, remove from oven, slice into 4 rows width-wise, then cut down the middle to make 8 bars.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce and add whip cream if preferred.
Vitamin A 2 mcg; Vitamin C 3 mg; Calcium 19 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 27 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.04 g