These air fried avocado egg cups transform breakfast using your air fryer or multicooker. California Avocado halves make delicious “cups” for the fresh eggs, and a sriracha yogurt sauce adds a little kick. Serve as is or on top of a bed of salad greens. Ready in about 15 minutes, they also are nice for a snack.
Air Fried Avocado Egg Cups with Sriracha Yogurt Cream
Total Time: 12 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 81 mcg; Vitamin C 13 mg; Calcium 65 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 1 mcg; Folate 124 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.2 g. % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 6%; Iron 10 %; Vitamin D 6%.
Ingredients1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, halved, seeded, peeled 1/2 lime 2 medium eggs 1/8 tsp. crushed black pepper 1/8 tsp. sea salt, divided Cooking spray 2 Tbsp. plain Greek yogurt 1/4 tsp. sriracha sauce, or more to taste 1/2 tsp. black sesame seeds
- Preheat air fryer to 370ᵒ for 4 minutes.
- Depending on seed size, you may need to scoop a tablespoon out of the center of your avocado. If the seed is large, the egg should fit inside the center hole with ease. Next, squeeze one quarter lime over the avocado insides. Place each avocado half in small, oven-safe ramekins, cut-side up. Crack each egg one at a time and place into the center of the avocado. Season the eggs with pepper and half the salt. Spray the avocado egg cups with cooking spray.
- Cover the ramekins with foil. Place the ramekins inside the air fryer basket. Cook at 370ᵒ for 4 minutes. Open air fryer and remove foil. Continue cooking for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together Greek yogurt, sriracha sauce, and the juice of the remaining lime quarter. Season with salt to taste.
- Check to see the egg is set by gently pressing on the white edges of the egg, if it is too soft return for another 2 minutes. Total cook time may vary depending on air fryer.
- To serve, slice the avocado egg cups in halves. Top with sriracha cream and sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
Variations: If you can’t find black sesame seeds, white sesame works great, too! Sour cream can be substituted for Greek yogurt.
Serving Suggestion: Perfect addition to top your favorite salad.
Beverage Pairing: Serve with a glass of fresh-squeezed orange juice or a cup of green tea.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados