A sweet vegan treat that is far from boring! These California Avocado, Lime and Pitaya Layered Cheesecake Bites are as flavorful as they are festive.
California Avocado, Lime and Pitaya Layered Cheesecake Bites
Total Time: 55 min
Prep Time: |
Ingredients1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled and seeded 2 1/4 cups cashews 3/4 cup coconut cream, (not cream of coconut) 1/2 cup agave nectar 10 tsp. lime juice 1 tsp. vanilla extract 2 tsp. pitaya powder Crust, (see make-ahead recipe below) As needed Cupcake liners Crust Ingredients: 24 vegan gingersnap cookies 4 Tbsp. coconut oil
California Avocado and Lime Layered Cheesecake Instructions:
- In a blender, add avocado, 1 cup cashews, 1/4 cup coconut cream, 1/4 cup agave nectar and 8 teaspoons of lime juice until smooth.
- Place 1-2 tablespoons of mixture in the cupcake liner on top of the crust (see make-ahead recipe below).
- Place in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Returning to the blender, add the remaining cashews, coconut cream, agave nectar lime juice, vanilla extract and pink pitaya powder. Blend on medium until smooth.
- Place the pitaya mixture in an airtight container in the freezer until ready to serve.
- To serve, scoop the pitaya mixture on top of the avocado mixture and crust. Then, carefully remove each cheesecake bite from the muffin pan once set.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place cupcake liners into 12-serving muffin pan.
- In a food processor, blend the cookies and coconut oil until the texture is thick and fully mixed.
- Scoop the crust mixture into each cupcake liner, about half full and press down gently to compact the crust mixture.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes and set to cool.
Serving Suggestion: These cheesecake bites are perfectly portioned for individual servings and can be made ahead of time.
Beverage Pairing: Try pairing this tart dessert with a glass of sweet Riesling.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados