The fresh tastes of American summer days, like sweet onions and cherry tomatoes, roasted corn and California Avocados, all in one delicious guacamole. Good source of Vitamin C.
All American Guacamole
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|2||ripe, Fresh California Avocados*|
|1 1/2||tsp.||lime juice|
|1/2||cup||roasted corn**, (thawed if frozen)|
|1/3||cup||cherry tomatoes, quartered|
|1/4||cup||diced sweet Vidalia® onion|
|**To roast your own corn**|
|1||corn on the cob|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cloves of garlic in a piece of tin foil and drizzle with the olive oil. Wrap up the cloves in the foil and place into the oven. Roast for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool and remove the cloves from the skins. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash together the avocado, roasted garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper until creamy.
- Add the roasted corn, cherry tomatoes and sweet Vidalia onions; stir to combine. Adjust salt and pepper if desired and serve.
**To roast your own corn**
- Prepare your grill, gas or charcoal, with direct, high heat, about 550 degrees F.
- Remove the husks from the corn. Brush with olive oil and place on the hot grill. Cover. Turn the corn occasionally, until the kernels of corn just start to char.
- Remove corn from grill. Let sit for 5 minutes. Use a hand towel to protect your hands while cutting the corn from the cob.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Vitamin A 170 (IU); Vitamin C 11 mg; Calcium 9 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0 (IU); Folate 81 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.1 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 0%; Iron 6%