All-American Recipe Contest 2014 Grand Prize Winner in the Desserts Category. This easy to make-no-cook key lime pudding made with California Avocados and layered with graham crackers has a delightfully light texture and creamy sweet-tart taste.
Avocado Key Lime Pudding in Jars
|1||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled and seeded|
|1/2||cup||key lime juice|
|1||(14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk|
|13 1/2||graham cracker sheets, broken along scored lines into sticks and again in half, plus additional for garnish, optional|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Combine the avocado, lime juice, and condensed milk in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Place mixture in a bowl, cover and chill for 2 hours (the pudding will continue to thicken thicken).
- Whip the cream until it has stiff peaks.
- Fold the cream into the chilled pudding until it has a uniform color without streaks.
- On the bottom of each of 6 standard ½-pint regular mouth canning jars place 6 graham stick pieces, cover with pudding. Repeat for two additional layers, ending with pudding.
- Place lids on jars, chill for at least 4 hours. Garnish if desired and serve.
Serving Suggestion: Top with sweetened whipped cream and crushed graham cracker crumbs before serving.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.