Baby Greens with California Avocado, Winter Citrus, Oregon Bay Shrimp and Pistachio Vinaigrette
Ingredients18 cups mixed baby greens 9 each oranges, peel and white pith removed, segmented 2 1/4 lb. Oregon bay shrimp 1 1/2 cups pistachios, toasted, chopped 3 each large Fresh California Avocados* Vinaigrette 10 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil 6 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar 1 1/2 Tbsp. honey 3 Tbsp. grated orange peel 9 Tbsp. orange juice As needed salt As needed pepper
- Whisk together all Vinaigrette ingredients.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead) Cover and refrigerate.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Toss together all ingredients and portion.
- Optional: garnish each salad with a fan of Fresh California Avocado
Optional Garnish: 3 each additional large Fresh California Avocados*, quartered, sliced to fan
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados