This party platter is fun to make and even more fun to eat! With a colorful spread of appetizing produce and an assortment of crackers, cheeses and dried fruit, the star of this decorative display is our California Avocado Three-Bean Salad. This charcuterie board features a simple avocado recipe as its centerpiece, which sits alongside a super salad that’s crisp, tangy, and fresh, and will be gorgeous at any festivity.
Vegetarian Charcuterie Board with Avocado and Three-Bean Salad
Total Time: 25 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 152 mcg; Vitamin C 47 mg; Calcium 296 mg; Iron 6 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 144 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.17 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 50%; Calcium 25%; Iron 35 %; Vitamin D 0%
IngredientsCalifornia Avocado Three-Bean Salad 1 (15-oz) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed 1 (15-oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed 1 (15-oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed 2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded, peeled and halved 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved 1 cup chopped cucumber 1/2 cup chopped red onion 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves 1 lemon, juiced or to taste 2 limes, juiced or to taste 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil 1 large clove garlic, finely minced or pressed 3/4 tsp. sea salt, or to taste 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, or to taste 3/4 tsp. ground sumac (or Za'atar) Spring Charcuterie Board 1 (7 oz) wedge Brie cheese 1 (7 oz) block Havarti cheese 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained 1 cup mixed olives, pitted if desired 15 table crackers (ex: wafer or water crackers) 6 flatbread crackers 10 thin breadsticks 15 baguette slices or crostini toast crackers 10 asparagus spears 6 radishes 1 small bunch green grapes 1 small bunch red grapes 12 strawberries 1 pt. blueberries 1/2 cup dried cranberries 1/2 cup dried apricots 1/2 cup pistachios with shells 1/2 cup almonds without shells
California Avocado Three-Bean Salad
- Slice one-half of one avocado into a fan shape and set aside. Cube the remaining avocados.
- In a large bowl, combine the garbanzo beans, black beans, cannellini beans, avocado cubes, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and mint. Toss briefly to combine, then set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, lime juice, then add the olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and sumac.
- Whisk until blended, then pour the dressing onto the salad and toss well to combine. Taste for citrus and salt and add more if needed.
- Place the avocado slices on top of the finished salad as garnish.
Spring Charcuterie Board:
- Place the serving bowl of California Avocado Three-Bean Salad on the board, followed by the cheeses. Then place items that are served in smaller bowls—like artichoke hearts and olives—on the board. Fill in the spaces using crackers, baguette slices, and fresh vegetables and fruit, arranging them creatively to your liking.
- Fill in any remaining spaces on the board using smaller items like dried fruit and nuts.
Variations: You can choose different cheeses and add marinated mushrooms, gherkins or other small pickles, jam, preserves, or honey to your board. The combinations are endless!
Serving Suggestion: Allow the avocado three-bean salad flavors to meld by covering and refrigerating the salad for at least 30 minutes or up to four hours before serving. (Wait to cut and add the avocado slices on top until just before serving) Include small knives for the cheeses, a serving spoon for the salad, and toothpicks, if desired. Before assembling, be sure to place the empty charcuterie board where it will be served, so you won’t have to move it later.
Beverage Pairing: Serve with your favorite cocktail or light beer.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Did You Know?
You can’t always tell if an avocado is ripe just by its color.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados