Beer-battered avocado fries are a nutritious twist to an old classic recipe.
Beer-Battered Fried Avocado Wedges with Salsa
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1||cup||lager beer or ale|
|2||cloves garlic, chopped finely|
|As needed||Vegetable oil As needed for deep frying|
|As needed||Salt as needed|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- To make beer batter, whisk together beer, flour, paprika, and garlic until well blended.
- Let stand at least 2 hours.
- Peel avocados; cut each into 6 wedges.
- Dredge 6 wedges in reserved beer batter.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden about 3 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining wedges.
- Serve 3 wedges with 1/4 cup salsa.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.