Beer-battered avocado fries are a nutritious twist to an old classic recipe.
Beer-Battered Fried Avocado Wedges with Salsa
Total Time: 20 min
Prep Time: |
Ingredients1 cup lager beer or ale 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 1/2 tsp. Paprika 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely 2 California Avocados As needed Vegetable oil As needed for deep frying As needed Salt as needed 1 cup purchased salsa
- To make beer batter, whisk together beer, flour, paprika, and garlic until well blended.
- Let stand at least 2 hours.
- Peel avocados; cut each into 6 wedges.
- Dredge 6 wedges in reserved beer batter.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden about 3 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining wedges.
- Serve 3 wedges with 1/4 cup salsa.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados