Guacamole Burger Ole
|1/4||cup||finely chopped onion|
|2||ripe Fresh California Avocados, peeled and seeded|
|As needed||Seasoned salt, to taste|
|As needed||Lettuce leaves|
|As needed||Cayenne pepper and salt, to taste|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Mix together ground beef, onion and pepper. Shape into 4 patties and sprinkle lightly with seasoned salt.
- Broil 3 to 4 minutes on each side or to desired doneness.
- While burger patties are cooking, prepare guacamole. With a fork, gently mash the avocados then stir in the salsa. Season to taste with Cayenne pepper and salt.
- Place patties on hamburger buns with lettuce and tomato slice.
- Top each burger with guacamole and serve
Try using curly-edged red or green leaf lettuce for a picture-perfect burger. Place the lettuce on the bottom bun, then the tomato. Top with the burger patty and then the guacamole. Olé!
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.