Guacamole Burger Ole
Total Time: 10 min
Ingredients1 lb. ground beef 1/4 cup finely chopped onion 2 ripe Fresh California Avocados, peeled and seeded As needed Seasoned salt, to taste 1/8 tsp. pepper As needed Lettuce leaves 1 tomato, sliced 4 hamburger buns 1/4 cup chunky salsa As needed Cayenne pepper and salt, to taste
- Mix together ground beef, onion and pepper. Shape into 4 patties and sprinkle lightly with seasoned salt.
- Broil 3 to 4 minutes on each side or to desired doneness.
- While burger patties are cooking, prepare guacamole. With a fork, gently mash the avocados then stir in the salsa. Season to taste with Cayenne pepper and salt.
- Place patties on hamburger buns with lettuce and tomato slice.
- Top each burger with guacamole and serve
Try using curly-edged red or green leaf lettuce for a picture-perfect burger. Place the lettuce on the bottom bun, then the tomato. Top with the burger patty and then the guacamole. Olé!
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados