Breakfast Pizza with California Avocado
|5 1/4||lb.||pizza dough|
|6||ripe, Fresh California Avocados*, peeled and seeded|
|1 1/2||lb.||bacon slices|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|As needed||Hot sauce|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Preheat a pizza stone to 500°F.
- Cook the bacon slices in a pan over medium heat until just done, but not crisp. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
- Divide the pizza dough into 12 – 7 oz. pieces. Shape each piece into a 9-inch round, dusting with flour as needed.
- For each pizza, mash half an avocado with salt and pepper to taste. Spread the mashed avocado over the prepared dough, leaving a wide rim at the edges. Crumble 2 slices of bacon over the avocado. Crack one egg into the center. Repeat with remaining pizza dough.
- Slide the pizza onto the hot pizza stone and bake for 5-8 minutes, depending on desired doneness of the egg.
- Slide the pizza out of the oven and onto a plate, garnishing with a swirl of hot sauce. Each pizza serves one.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.