Breakfast Pizza with California Avocado
Ingredients5 1/4 lb. pizza dough 6 ripe, Fresh California Avocados*, peeled and seeded 1 1/2 lb. bacon slices 12 eggs Salt and pepper, to taste As needed Hot sauce
- Preheat a pizza stone to 500°F.
- Cook the bacon slices in a pan over medium heat until just done, but not crisp. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
- Divide the pizza dough into 12 – 7 oz. pieces. Shape each piece into a 9-inch round, dusting with flour as needed.
- For each pizza, mash half an avocado with salt and pepper to taste. Spread the mashed avocado over the prepared dough, leaving a wide rim at the edges. Crumble 2 slices of bacon over the avocado. Crack one egg into the center. Repeat with remaining pizza dough.
- Slide the pizza onto the hot pizza stone and bake for 5-8 minutes, depending on desired doneness of the egg.
- Slide the pizza out of the oven and onto a plate, garnishing with a swirl of hot sauce. Each pizza serves one.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados