California Avocado growers Mark and Linda Bruce use homemade bagel chips, smoked salmon, Fresh California Avocado and wasabi cream to create a delightful appetizer your guests will love.
Bruce Family California Avocado and Smoked Salmon on Homemade Bagel Chips with Wasabi Cream
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|Homemade Bagel Chips (see make-ahead recipe below)|
|1||(8 oz.) package thinly sliced smoked salmon|
|1||ripe Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices, each slice halved|
|As needed||Wasabi Cream (see make-ahead recipe below)|
|Homemade Bagel Chips|
|2||cloves garlic, finely chopped|
|4||plain mini bagels, cut lengthwise into thin slices|
|As needed||Wasabi paste, to taste|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Arrange salmon slices on each Homemade Bagel Chip. Top each with two halved slices of avocado.
- Place a dollop of Wasabi Cream on avocado slices and serve.
Homemade Bagel Chips
- In a small bowl, combine butter and garlic. Generously brush onto each bagel slice.
- Place a cooling rack on a cookie sheet. Arrange bagel slices on cooling rack. Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 10 minutes or until crisp. Remove from oven; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whip cream until slightly thick. Add wasabi paste, to taste. Whip cream until it forms a soft shape; set aside.
Tip: For ease of slicing, purchase uncut bagels.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Vitamin A 594 IU; Vitamin C 5 mg; Calcium 41 mg; Iron 4 mg; Vitamin D 8 IU; Folate 41 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.4 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 4%; Iron 25%