California Avocado growers Mark and Linda Bruce use homemade bagel chips, smoked salmon, Fresh California Avocado and wasabi cream to create a delightful appetizer your guests will love.
Bruce Family California Avocado and Smoked Salmon on Homemade Bagel Chips with Wasabi Cream
Vitamin A 594 IU; Vitamin C 5 mg; Calcium 41 mg; Iron 4 mg; Vitamin D 8 IU; Folate 41 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.4 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 4%; Iron 25%
IngredientsHomemade Bagel Chips (see make-ahead recipe below) 1 (8 oz.) package thinly sliced smoked salmon 1 ripe Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices, each slice halved As needed Wasabi Cream (see make-ahead recipe below) Homemade Bagel Chips 3 Tbsp. butter, melted 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped 4 plain mini bagels, cut lengthwise into thin slices Wasabi Cream 1/2 cup Whipping cream As needed Wasabi paste, to taste
- Arrange salmon slices on each Homemade Bagel Chip. Top each with two halved slices of avocado.
- Place a dollop of Wasabi Cream on avocado slices and serve.
Homemade Bagel Chips
- In a small bowl, combine butter and garlic. Generously brush onto each bagel slice.
- Place a cooling rack on a cookie sheet. Arrange bagel slices on cooling rack. Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 10 minutes or until crisp. Remove from oven; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whip cream until slightly thick. Add wasabi paste, to taste. Whip cream until it forms a soft shape; set aside.
Tip: For ease of slicing, purchase uncut bagels.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados