I’m swooning over the kick of spice from the chorizo mixed with the creamy California Avocados. It’s all wrapped up and ready to party!
California Avocado and Chorizo Stuffed Party Rolls with Creamy Avocado Cilantro Ranch Dip
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|California Avocado and Chorizo Stuffed Party Rolls with Creamy Avocado Cilantro Ranch Dip|
|12||frozen roll dough balls, thawed|
|1||ripe Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and diced|
|1||cup||spicy Spanish-style chorizo link, finely diced|
|1/2||cup||frozen corn kernels, thawed|
|1||fresh jalapeño pepper, diced (seeds removed if you want it less spicy)|
|1/2||cup||shredded Cheddar cheese|
|Creamy Avocado Cilantro Ranch Dip, (see make-ahead recipe below)|
|Creamy Avocado Cilantro Ranch Dip|
|1||ripe Fresh California Avocado, seeded and peeled|
|1||jalapeño pepper, stem removed (seeds removed if you don't like it spicy)|
|1||lime, juiced (or more depending on your preference)|
|1||green onion, diced|
|1||Tbsp.||ranch seasoning mix|
|Salt, to taste|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
California Avocado and Chorizo Stuffed Party Rolls with Creamy Avocado Cilantro Ranch Dip:
- Lightly flour a clean area on your counter top, then combine the dough balls into one ball. Roll the dough into a large circle (similar to a pizza), then cover with plastic wrap and let rest while you prepare the filling.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a medium size bowl combine the avocado, chorizo, corn, jalapeño, salt, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder and cilantro, and lightly toss to evenly incorporate the ingredients. Set the avocado mixture aside.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the bread dough and using a pizza cutter, make 8 even pie-shaped pieces. Place the dough triangles on a pizza pan with the long point of the triangle pointing out, and the smaller sides slightly overlapping each other to create an interlocking ring.
- Evenly distribute the filling among the dough triangles, then take the long part of the dough, wrap it over the filling and tuck it underneath. (Some filling will be showing still)
- Sprinkle the stuffed rolls with a little cheddar cheese, then bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with Creamy Avocado Cilantro Ranch Dip.
Note: Be sure to use Spanish chorizo, which is cured and fully cooked.
Creamy Avocado Cilantro Ranch Dip:
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend until creamy.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Copyright © 2013, Shawn Syphus
Vitamin A 2329 IU; Vitamin C 158 mg; Calcium 140 mg; Iron 2.4 mg; Vitamin D 3.8 IU; Folate 72 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.15 g
% Daily Value*: Total Fat 22%; Vitamin A 45%; Vitamin C 260%; Calcium 15%; Iron 15%