Fresh, creamy, delicious and nutritious California Avocados make this a West Coast take on an East Coast classic.
California Avocado and Lobster Roll
|3/4||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded and peeled|
|10||oz.||cooked Maine lobster meat, chopped into large chunks|
|1/2||cup||Lobster Dressing (see make-ahead recipe below)|
|4||brioche rolls, tops split, sides trimmed and toasted|
|8||fresh dill pluches (the frilly part of the leaves without stems)|
|Yields: 1/2 cup|
|1||pasturized egg yolk|
|2 1/2||tsp.||lemon juice|
|1/4||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded and peeled|
|1 1/2||Tbsp.||avocado oil|
|1/2||tsp.||fresh dill, washed and stemmed|
|1/4||cup||celery, finely diced|
|1/8||tsp.||salt, or to taste|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Cut eight thin slices of avocado, then dice the remaining avocado into ¾-inch pieces and set aside.
- Place the lobster meat into a large mixing bowl and add the diced avocado and Lobster Dressing. Mix to coat, being careful not to crush the diced avocados.
- To toast brioche rolls, place a medium sized pan over medium heat. Add butter and place the buns cut side down, cook until lightly browned and crispy. Turn the buns over and repeat on the other side.
- Once toasted, spoon the lobster mixture into the bun, and garnish with avocado slices and dill pluches.
Lobster Dressing Instructions:
- Place Dijon mustard, egg yolk, garlic, lemon juice and avocado in a food processor or blender, then puree ingredients together.
- Slowly stream in avocado oil to create a smooth, creamy mixture.
- Remove dressing from food processor and stir in fresh dill and celery. Season with salt and set aside until assembly.
Serving Suggestion: Serve this recipe alongside a bowl of crisp and salty potato chips.
Beverage Pairing: Enjoy this recipe with a light beer, like a pilsner, for a refreshing well-rounded meal.
Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.