These avocado burgers are made with a juicy beef patty and topped with fresh ingredients, including plenty of creamy, California Avocados for the ultimate summer combination.
Avocado Bacon Burger
Total Time: 15 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 131 mcg; Vitamin C 10 mg; Calcium 278 mg; Iron 6 mg; Vitamin D 1 mcg; Folate 85 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.33 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 20%; Iron 35 %; Vitamin D 6%
Ingredients1 lb. ground beef (80/20) 1 tsp. garlic powder 1 tsp. onion powder 1 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. pepper 1 egg 1 tsp. vegetable oil 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese 4 brioche buns 1/2 cup BBQ sauce, divided 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and sliced 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced 4 lettuce leaves 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced 8 slices cooked bacon
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and egg. Divide in four and shape into 1-inch patties, about as wide as the burger buns. Make a small indent with your thumb in the center of the patty.
- If cooking on a stove top, heat a thin layer of vegetable oil in a heavy-bottom cast iron skillet on medium heat. Add in the burger patties and sear for 3-5 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- If cooking on a grill, grill the burgers for 3-5 minutes on each side over direct heat or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- Add a slice of cheese to each burger, cover with either a skillet or grill lid to melt the cheese, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove burgers and place on burger bun bottoms. Add BBQ sauce to the other half of the buns.
- Top with fresh avocado slices, tomato slices, lettuce, red onion and bacon.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with French fries.
Beverage Pairing: Pair with an ice-cold beer.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados