This brightly flavored avocado toast is Spring in every bite.
California Avocado and Pea Toast
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1/2||ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded and peeled|
|1 3/4||tsp.||lemon juice, divided|
|1/4||tsp.||sea salt, divided|
|1/4||tsp.||chives, finely minced|
|1/4||cup||fresh peas, blanched|
|1||Tbsp.||shallots, finely minced|
|1/2||Tbsp.||lemon zest, divided|
|1 1/4||Tbsp.||extra virgin olive oil, divided|
|1/2||tsp.||unsalted butter, melted|
|1||slice 3/4"-thick whole wheat bread|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Mash avocado with a fork and add 3/4 tsp. of lemon juice, 1/8 tsp. salt and chives. Taste and add more lemon and salt if necessary to make flavors pop.
- In a separate bowl, take half of the peas and smash gently with the back of a fork. Combine with the rest of the peas and add shallots, 1/4 tablespoon lemon zest, sherry, 1/8 tsp. salt, 3/4 tsp. lemon juice and 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil and stir to combine.
- In another bowl, combine parsley, mint, 1/4 Tbsp. lemon zest, 1/4 tsp. lemon juice and remaining olive oil.
- Brush the melted butter on the bread and lightly toast each side.
- Spread mashed avocado onto toast, making the sides slightly higher than the middle. Place pea mixture in the center, and pile high with seasoned herb mixture.
Vitamin A 1419 IU; Vitamin C 36 mg; Calcium 81 mg; Iron 4 mg; Vitamin D 1.4 IU; Folate 156 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.3 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 30%; Vitamin C 60%; Calcium 8%; Iron 20%