Mashed or sliced California Avocados on toast are easy and delicious for breakfast or for a snack, and can be added to in many different ways to for a craveable taste sensation. Here are three favorite ways to top California Avocado Toast.
California Avocado Toast Three Ways
Total Time: 5 min
Ingredients1 slice bread (try thick, crusty artisan breads, sourdough, rye, wheat, multigrain or whatever bread you prefer) 1/2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded and mashed 1 egg – Optional 2 slices heirloom or beefsteak tomato – Optional 2 slices cooked bacon (try maple bacon, peppercorn bacon, turkey bacon or veggie bacon) – Optional Fresh cracked pepper – Optional Sea salt to taste – Optional
California Avocado Toast with Fried Egg
- Toast 1 slice bread and spread with 1/2 ripe, Fresh California Avocado (mashed or sliced). Spray a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray and fry one egg as desired.
- Place cooked egg onto avocado toast, sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired.
California Avocado Toast with Heirloom Tomatoes
- Toast 1 slice bread, spread with 1/2 ripe, Fresh California Avocado (mashed or sliced) and 2 slices heirloom or beefsteak tomato.
- Top with fresh cracked pepper and sea salt to taste.
California Avocado Toast with Bacon
- Toast 1 slice bread, spread with 1/2 ripe, Fresh California
- Avocado (mashed or sliced) and 2 slices cooked bacon.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados