This vegetarian wrap is light yet filling – a perfect meatless Monday option! Low Sodium while providing an excellent source (20% DV or more) of Vitamins A, C, K, and Dietary Fiber.
California Avocado and White Bean Wrap
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1/2||cup||canned white beans, rinsed and drained|
|1||tsp.||balsamic vinegar, plus additional for drizzling|
|1||(8-in.) low-sodium whole-grain tortilla|
|1/2||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and sliced|
|1/4||red bell pepper, cut into thin strips|
|1/4||tsp.||salt-free garlic and herb seasoning|
|As needed||Freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Place the beans and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl and mash with a fork.
- Spread a thin layer of the mixture on the bottom two-thirds of the tortilla plus spread a line of the mixture at the top edge of the tortilla to help seal the tortilla after wrapping.
- Lay the avocado slices on top of the beans on the bottom half of the tortilla. Place the bell pepper strips in a horizontal line above the avocado. Sprinkle with the garlic and herb seasoning and the black pepper. Top with spinach and drizzle a few drops of balsamic vinegar over the spinach.
- Starting with the bottom of the tortilla, roll it tightly. Cut in half diagonally.
- For optimal freshness, enjoy on the same day of preparation.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with grapes and a green salad.
Beverage Pairing: Sparkling water with lemon.
Vitamin A 1228 IU; Vitamin C 24 mg; Calcium 80 mg; Iron 2.7 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 99 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.1 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 25%; Vitamin C 40%; Calcium 8%; Iron 15%