This vegetarian wrap is light yet filling – a perfect meatless Monday option! Low Sodium while providing an excellent source (20% DV or more) of Vitamins A, C, K, and Dietary Fiber.
California Avocado and White Bean Wrap
Total Time: 10 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 1228 IU; Vitamin C 24 mg; Calcium 80 mg; Iron 2.7 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 99 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.1 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 25%; Vitamin C 40%; Calcium 8%; Iron 15%
Ingredients1/2 cup canned white beans, rinsed and drained 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar, plus additional for drizzling 1 (8-in.) low-sodium whole-grain tortilla 1/2 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and sliced 1/4 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips 1/2 cup baby spinach 1/4 tsp. salt-free garlic and herb seasoning As needed Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place the beans and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl and mash with a fork.
- Spread a thin layer of the mixture on the bottom two-thirds of the tortilla plus spread a line of the mixture at the top edge of the tortilla to help seal the tortilla after wrapping.
- Lay the avocado slices on top of the beans on the bottom half of the tortilla. Place the bell pepper strips in a horizontal line above the avocado. Sprinkle with the garlic and herb seasoning and the black pepper. Top with spinach and drizzle a few drops of balsamic vinegar over the spinach.
- Starting with the bottom of the tortilla, roll it tightly. Cut in half diagonally.
- For optimal freshness, enjoy on the same day of preparation.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with grapes and a green salad.
Beverage Pairing: Sparkling water with lemon.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados