This California Avocado Banana Pancakes recipe can be made two ways, with or without flour. The avocado banana pancakes no flour version is keto friendly and uses only four ingredients: California Avocado, banana and eggs. They have a softer texture than traditional pancakes and are tasty even without toppings. (Of course, you can add toppings!) A second version uses a bit of all-purpose flour and baking powder for an airy texture and are golden brown more like traditional pancakes. Either way, these avocado banana pancakes add more fruit to your day and are delicious.
California Avocado Banana Pancakes
Total Time: 15 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 86 mcg; Vitamin C 8 mg; Calcium 37 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 1 mcg; Folate 81 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.14 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 2%; Iron 6 %; Vitamin D 6%
Ingredients1/2 cup ripe, Fresh California Avocado, mashed 1/2 cup ripe banana, mashed 2 large eggs 1 Tbsp. butter, vegetable oil or coconut oil, or more if needed 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, (if making flour version only) 1/2 tsp. baking powder, (if making flour version only)
California Avocado Banana Pancakes – No Flour
- In a blender or food processor, blend avocado, banana and eggs until well combined.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat and warm 1 tsp. butter or oil.
- Use a kitchen tablespoon to scoop avocado banana pancake batter into the skillet one spoonful at a time. (Smaller pancakes work best.) Flatten the batter for each pancake and leave space between each one.
- Cook pancakes until the edges look very dry and some of the middle is beginning to look dry, about two minutes. Using a small heat-resistant spatula, carefully flip pancakes and cook the other sides about two minutes. Since there is no flour in these avocado banana pancakes they are softer than traditional pancakes and need extra care in flipping.
- Remove pancakes from skillet and keep warm. Carefully wipe skillet clean, add butter or oil then repeat the process with the rest of the pancake batter.
California Avocado Banana Pancakes – With Flour
- In a blender or food processor blend avocado, banana, eggs. flour and baking powder until well combined.
- Follow steps 2 through 5 above.
Serving Suggestion: Serve as is or top with fresh fruit, maple-, agave- or sugar-free syrup.
Beverage Pairing: Cold milk or dairy-free beverage.
Recipe Editor’s Note: Since these avocado banana pancakes have no flour or less flour than traditional pancakes you may need to adjust the temperature or amount of oil/butter in the pan after the first batch. Smaller pancakes work best for this recipe.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados