Pizza + Avocado Pesto + Breakfast = Yum. This breakfast pizza uses gluten-free English muffins as the pizza crust. Classic Italian flavors get a California kiss with avocado and pistachio pesto. No one will ever guess how quick and easy it is to make this gorgeous breakfast. Wow, this pizza not only tastes good, it provide 220% DV Chromium, a mineral known to enhance the action of insulin, a hormone critical to the metabolism and storage of carbohydrate, fat, and protein in the body.
Gluten Free Breakfast Pizza with Avocado Pesto
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1||cup||basil leaves, thinly sliced|
|1/2||cup||roasted unsalted almonds|
|1||ripe, medium Fresh California Avocado, peeled and seeded|
|As needed||cold water|
|2||gluten-free English muffins|
|4||slices fresh mozzarella|
|4||rings thinly sliced red onion|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Slice tomato into four thick slices. Sprinkle both sides with half the salt, and lay on paper towels to catch excess moisture.
- Pulse basil and almonds in a food processor for 30 seconds. Add avocado, lemon juice, and salt and process until well-combined. If you prefer a thinner consistency, add cold water one tablespoon at a time and pulse to combine until you reach the desired thickness.
- Blot tomatoes to remove excess moisture and salt.
- Slice muffins in half, spreading the avocado pesto on each of the four pieces, top with a slice of mozzarella, a slice of tomato, and a slice of red onion. Cook on baking sheets for 7-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. While the pizza bases are cooking, cook four eggs to your preference in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Serving Suggestion: For breakfast serve with sweet grapefruit segments. For later serve with an orange and basil salad.
Beverage Pairing: Lemony hot tea or coffee.
Vitamin A 1271 IU; Vitamin C 13 mg; Calcium 378 mg; Iron 3 mg; Vitamin D 44 IU; Folate 79 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.15 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 25%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 40%; Iron 15 %