This avocado cocktail recipe takes a bold stance and new approach to the age-old debate of savory versus sweet, with smoky notes from chipotle pepper.
California Avocado Barbacoa Cocktail
|1||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded and cut into 1” cubes|
|1 1/2||cups||crushed ice|
|2||oz.||fresh lime juice|
|1||tsp.||chipotle pepper, minced|
|Ginger Syrup, see make-ahead recipe below|
|3||Tbsp.||ginger, unpeeled and cut into 1/2" slices|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Combine avocado, crushed ice, mescal, lime juice, agave nectar, chipotle pepper and 1.5 ounces of Ginger Syrup in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Divide the mixture into two highball glasses.
- Top with 0.5 ounce of Ginger Syrup and serve immediately.
Ginger Syrup Instructions:
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, agave nectar and slices of ginger.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat and simmer for five minutes.
- Cover, remove from heat and steep for 30 minutes.
- Pour the syrup through a strainer to discard the ginger slices and set aside until ready to use.
Serving Suggestion: For a savory garnish and pop of color, place small strips of beef jerky and red bell pepper in each glass before serving.