California Avocado Bisque with Tarragon
|1/3||cup||fresh tarragon leaves, chopped|
|12||ripe, Fresh California Avocados*|
|1/2||cup||fresh lemon juice|
|1/4||tsp.||or to taste cayenne pepper|
|As needed||Sour cream, as needed for garnish|
|As needed||Fresh tarragon leaves, as needed for garnish|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Combine milk, tarragon and salt; bring to a simmer. (Do not boil.)
- Remove from heat; let stand 1 hour.
- Meanwhile puree avocado and lemon juice until smooth.
- When milk is ready, whisk in avocado mixture; stir in cayenne.
- Chill at least 2 hours to marry flavors. Serve chilled or gently reheat if serving hot.
- Per Order: To serve chilled or hot, garnish 1 cup soup with a swirl of sour cream and fresh tarragon leaves.