California Avocado Bisque with Tarragon
Ingredients3 qt. milk 1/3 cup fresh tarragon leaves, chopped 1 Tbsp. salt 12 ripe, Fresh California Avocados* 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice 1/4 tsp. or to taste cayenne pepper As needed Sour cream, as needed for garnish As needed Fresh tarragon leaves, as needed for garnish
- Combine milk, tarragon and salt; bring to a simmer. (Do not boil.)
- Remove from heat; let stand 1 hour.
- Meanwhile puree avocado and lemon juice until smooth.
- When milk is ready, whisk in avocado mixture; stir in cayenne.
- Chill at least 2 hours to marry flavors. Serve chilled or gently reheat if serving hot.
- Per Order: To serve chilled or hot, garnish 1 cup soup with a swirl of sour cream and fresh tarragon leaves.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados