Grilled California Avocado and Drunken Lobster Salad
|4||ea. Australian lobster tails (6- to 8-oz)|
|4||Fresh California Avocado|
|1||cup||yellow onion, chopped|
|1||ea. Meyer Lemon|
|1||large heirloom tomato|
|1/2||bunch italian parsley, rinsed and roughly chopped|
|2||ea. Romaine hearts, rinsed and sliced|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Begin by removing lobster meat from shell and soak in the white wine for about 15 min to half hour and pre-heat half of the grill to high. Juice half of the lemon in large salad bowl and add in your chopped onions and season with salt and pepper set aside.
- Continue by quartering your avocados and removing the seed. In medium sized bowl coat the avocados with a little of the avocado oil and season with salt and pepper and place on hot side of grill. While those are starting to get those grill marks cut the heirloom tomato in 4 to 6 slices (depending on size) for grilling. Also toss these tomatoes in now empty bowl with some avocado oil, salt and pepper. Begin grilling the tomatoes as well. It may be time to move the avocados closer to the cooler side of the grill if they are starting to get that nice grilled color.
- Now remove the lobster tails from the white wine and using the same bowl as the tomatoes and the avocadoes coat the tails with avocado oil and season with salt and pepper. Place tails on the hot side of grill and grill until finished. Make sure to remove the tomatoes and avocado from hot flame to keep from burning.
- To assemble salad, begin by adding the remaining portion of avocado oil to the large bowl with the lemon juice and onions. Now just add in the remaining parsley, romaine and dice in the grilled tomatoes, avocados (skin removed) and finish with the grilled lobster (diced).
- Toss thoroughly and enjoy! You may adjust the seasoning with the a little more salt and pepper or that extra ½ lemon juiced for more acidic flavor.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.