California Avocado Black Bean Soup
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1||small onion, diced|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|6||uncooked bacon, chopped|
|2||cups||medium or hot salsa|
|3||cans||black beans, (15-oz. each), drained|
|3||ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded, peeled and diced|
|1||lime, zest only|
|Shredded cheese, sour cream, diced tomatoes for garnish, optional|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- In a large stock pot sauté onion, garlic and bacon in olive oil for approximately 5 minutes, or until onions are soft and bacon is crisp.
- Add chili powder and sauté an additional 2 minutes.
- Pour in the salsa, black beans and chicken broth. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove 1 cup of soup mixture and carefully puree in a food processor. Return to the pot, stirring to incorporate pureed mixture fully.
- Stir in diced California Avocado and lime zest. Heat through.
- Serve warm, adding cheese, sour cream and diced tomatoes for garnish.
Vitamin A 48 mcg; Vitamin C 19 mg; Calcium 95 mg; Iron 4 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 104 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.19 g