Start your day with a breakfast twist on classic bruschetta: California avocados, tomato, hard-boiled egg and ricotta with basil atop toasted rustic whole grain bread.
California Avocado Breakfast Bruschetta
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1||ripe Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded and diced|
|1/2||cup||chopped fresh basil, plus 2 tbsp for garnish|
|12||slices whole wheat baguette bread|
|1/4||cup||reduced fat ricotta cheese|
|As needed||Cracked Black Pepper to Taste|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Dice avocado, tomatoes and green onions.
- Peel and chop hard-boiled eggs
- Reserving 2 tablespoons of basil for garnish, gently toss the first five ingredients in a small bowl. Add pepper to taste
- Toast baguette slices and smear with ricotta cheese.
- Top with avocado mix and garnish with chopped basil
Beverage pairing: Delicious with a glass of milk.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Vitamin A 1270 (IU); Vitamin C 15 mg; Calcium 140 mg; Iron 2.8 mg; Vitamin D 44 (IU); Folate 117 mcg
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 25%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 15%; Iron 15%