Start your day with a breakfast twist on classic bruschetta: California avocados, tomato, hard-boiled egg and ricotta with basil atop toasted rustic whole grain bread.
California Avocado Breakfast Bruschetta
Vitamin A 1270 (IU); Vitamin C 15 mg; Calcium 140 mg; Iron 2.8 mg; Vitamin D 44 (IU); Folate 117 mcg
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 25%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 15%; Iron 15%
Ingredients1 ripe Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded and diced 2 medium tomatoes 1 green onion 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, plus 2 tbsp for garnish 4 eggs, hard-boiled 12 slices whole wheat baguette bread 1/4 cup reduced fat ricotta cheese As needed Cracked Black Pepper to Taste
- Dice avocado, tomatoes and green onions.
- Peel and chop hard-boiled eggs
- Reserving 2 tablespoons of basil for garnish, gently toss the first five ingredients in a small bowl. Add pepper to taste
- Toast baguette slices and smear with ricotta cheese.
- Top with avocado mix and garnish with chopped basil
Beverage pairing: Delicious with a glass of milk.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados